The causes of dark slides are:
- Under exposure in the camera.
- Outdated film, which may appear underexposed and fogged.
- Low temperature of the 1st Developer causes dark color cast slides.
- Too short development time with 1st Developer increases overall density.
- A contaminated 1st Developer can result in fogged low contrast slides.
- An over-diluted, exhausted or oxidized 1st Developer will result in faint images.
- When Bleaches & Fixer are exhausted, it leaves mask over highlights (high Dmin).
It is recommend to aerate Bleaches & Fixer frequently. Oxidation encourages activity of bleaches.
When film won't clear after 10 minutes, retire chemistry and re-fix the film.
Need more help? Click "submit a request" below.