The causes of off-color slides are:
• Processing at lower temperatures, which leads to color shifts.
• Contaminated 1st Developer, which affects color temperature.
• Contamination 1st Developer with Color & Reversal bath, which produces red cast in blacks.
• Exhausted or over-diluted 1st Developer, which reduces color separation.
• Color & Reversal temperature/time, which affects shadow color cast and density.
• Variation in Color & Reversal pH, which causes color shifts on the blue-yellow and green-magenta axis with Ektachrome and Fujichrome films.
• Poor wash after Color & Reversal bath, which leaves color cast in highlights.
• Contaminated Color & Reversal bath, which can result in color casts in blacks.
• Bleaches & Fixer inactivity, which cause color casts. We recommend aerating before use.
• Variations in agitation, which may result in color shifts.
• Wrong color filter on lens, leading to a color cast.
Need more help? Click "submit a request" below.