If your slides appear to be too thin, the cause might be:
- Over exposing the film in the camera, resulting in washed out highlights.
- Light/heat fogging before processing, appearing as an overall haze.
- Outdated film, which may appear fogged (low Dmax).
- High temperature of the 1st Developer, which causes washed out slides.
- Too long development time with 1st Developer, which causes pushed contrast.
- Contaminated 1st Developer, leading to washed out fogged slides.
- Contaminated 1st Developer with fixer, leading to fog overall and blue or cyan cast.
- Too high temperature while rinsing (above 41°C/106°F), which leads to pushed exposures.
- Too short Color & Reversal bath time, resulting in thin slides (low Dmax).
Need more help? Click "submit a request" below.